Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 14th

Hey ya'll!

My first day here in Mississippi was yesterday, and boy is it hot and humid! I kinda hate going outside every time cuz the humidity hits you like a wall of bricks and its super hot and sticky and gross. I’m definately not used to it at all. However, it is VERY pretty, the trees are so thick its ridiculous. Comparatively, our back yard is to logan canyon as logan canyon is to mississippi. Its pretty crazy, everything is super thick with trees, the only spots that aren't is what they've cleared out for roads and buildings, its amazing.  Today is P-day and transfer day, so we're just here chillin at the church playin some basketball waiting for the transfer van to come back, its starts in cove fort then up to Ruston Louisianna, then on its way back down it will pick me up at Clinton and take me to my area in Purvis MS.  I've only heard good things about that area. they say its rich with members and a lot of peoples favorite areas, so its gonna be legit being transferred there.  My trainer is Elder McMullen, I haven't met him yet but I did talk to him on the phone and he sounds like an awesome guy and missionary.  I've heard from others that he's great, he's also Canadian and a rugby player, if that means anything.  He says we'll play basketball twice a week with a bunch of big black guys and go to a dojo and learn some martial arts stuff on p-days, so that sounds like its gonna be fun! 

Yesterday we woke up at 2 am and went to the travel office at the MTC at 3, then flew out of SLC at 6. My first flying experience! It was pretty cool, I like take-off the best, obviously, I think everyone does, but I fell asleep for the whole middle of the flight and woke up for landing. We hit a little bit of turbulence and I thought it was fun. I turned to my companion and told him that I want a t-shirt that says 'I love turbulence', joking of course, but it was pretty cool. The second flight from Dallas to Jackson was in the smallest plane I’ve ever been in! I mean, I’ve only been in two planes, but still, it was pretty small.  I’m definitely a fan of flying now.  Especially when I don't have to pay for my own ticket, haha.  Well, i talked to this huge black guy in the airport about the gospel, it was a pretty good experience.  When we got to Jackson our mission president picked us up and took us to the church for lunch, we then went out tracting. I committed eight people to baptism. Ok, not really. We did get three people to tell us to come back though, so that was pretty legit.  Then we went to the mission home for dinner and a testimony meeting/fireside, that was pretty good.  I was super tired though, but I made it through. It was good, not like the firseides at the MTC though, I fell asleep in like half of those. Ok, maybe not that many as I only went to 5, but probably two of them.  I saw elder Anderson a couple times, I also ran it to Elder Rhett Beazer like every meal, it was pretty neat see him again.  Well, I can't really think of anything else to say. Mississippi's been great for the 24 hours I’ve been here and I’ve heard my companion and area are both awesome, I can't wait for tonight when I get to meet him and go to my area! Its going to be awesome! 

sei treu liebe euch

-Elder Zachary Green

No comments:

Post a Comment