Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 1st

Hey yall!
The MTC has been great, its crazy how fast time flies!  The days now fly by faster than the first half a day wednesday.  Sorry, but I haven't really had time to miss you much.  Its p-day today so we've got some spare time but we only get half an hour on the computer, after that it times out and you get kicked off so I'll have to be semi brief.  I was made the district leader so thats pretty cool.  I was actually kinda shocked with it happened because my district is made up of  A-class stellar guys, they are all amazing, so I don't know why I was chosen to be the DL, but its pretty cool, I guess I will learn alot.   It was super weird when I had to interview all the senior comps though, it was odd.  I didn't like it.   I've loved the mtc though, the food is pretty good... usually. the ravioli last night wasn't very good, but other than that its been stellar!  I thought I'd have gained a couple pounds already, but I weighed myself in gym yesterday and according to that scale I've lost six pounds, I was 136 and usually I'm over 140, so iIguess that was good.  

Gym time is awesome, its so much fun! I've just spent my time playing ball with the guys in my district and my companion is way good in the post.  He was guarding me yesterday and I was makin it rain! It was soo cool! He was all up in my face guarding me every time and i'd pull up for a three and drain it right in his face. There was this one time i faked him out, he jumped, I hesitated then we both jumped at the same time and I couldn't get the shot off through his arms cuz he was up higher than me, so I pulled the ball down to my hip and shot it super awkward and swished it! Everyone was pretty impressed, including myself.  His specialty is blocking shots so he was pretty upset that I was draining all these shots.  In fact, he told me next time he's gonna block me so hard that I'm gonna walk out of the gym, walk out of the mtc and apostatize from the church. We'll just have to see about that! He's great though, I love Elder Bruderer, we get along so well its crazy! He's a super hard worker and I think we really motivate each other to be better missionaries.  In my district there are eight elders, me, my comp, and my roommates, Elders Jemmett and Duran, they're all going to Mississippi, then the other four guys are going to Washington.  Their names are Elders Manning, Williams, Frie and Crawley.  They are all super awesome and we get along very well. Elder Manning was an ambassador at USU, so thats pretty cool, Elder Williams is very knowledgable about the gospel, Elder Frie is awesome,  I love him, he's so fun to spend time with. he's been teachin me some cool pen tricks, haha. and Elder Crawley is the funniest kid ever, he always brightens the day.  We all eat lunch together and really enjoy each others company, I'm very blessed by being in this district, they are all spiritual giants.  Its great.  We also have four sisters in our district, Sisters Harding and Urie are both going to mississippi and Sisters Dilworth and McGhie are going to Washington.

The MTC has been awesome though, the spirit here is so strong every day, its incredible.  I've loved my time here.  Our teachers, Sister Clive and Brother Snyder, are amazing! They both bring the spirit so stong and teach with great power and authority.  They really help us learn the lessons and how to teach out progressing investigators.  The time goes by so fast here, I can't believe i've almost been here a whole week.  On sunday we watched Elder Hollands talk called a mission is forever.  It was so inspiring, everything he said just penetrated stright through you and into our hearts. you guys should definately look it up.  Maybe it was just so powerful because it was directed straight to me as a missionary for the Lord, but either way, it was amazing.  It changed my life.  Everything i've done here has started to change my life. I can't wait to get out to mississippi! its going to be soo Awesome!  Well family, the church is true.  Don't you dare doubt it for one second.  Thanks for everything you do for me and i can't wait to hear from you! Sei Treu Liebe Euch!
Sincerely,
 Elder Zachary Green

No comments:

Post a Comment